Sunday, April 3, 2016

Character Design Challenge - Samurai Link

I've been itching to get (back?) into digital painting and so decided to join the Character Design Challenge. The theme this month was to re-imagine a character from the Zelda series.

I chose to represent Link as a samurai. It's not traditional for samurai to carry shields like the one Link carries. But wanting to keep the Triforce and eagle features from the Hylian shield due to their importance to the character design, I decided to place them instead on the prominent shoulder armor. Overall, I'm pretty happy how it turned out considering I have not painted in Photoshop in more than a year, and started the piece only today.

You can view the other entries on the CDC Facebook page and if you give my entry a Like, it will be featured on the Tumblr page!


No comments:

Post a Comment